Saturday, July 16, 2011

What should I do after an inconclusive phone interview?

I sent a cover letter and resume into a dental clinic a week ago to be a dental assistant. I really want to be a dentist. The manager called me and left me a voicemail yesterday saying that she would like to discuss some options with me. I called back and talked to her today--I thought it was going to be phone interview, but I didn't really have to talk about myself at all. She asked me how many hours I could work, about my education, and told me that I could start off my volunteering and shadowing which may become a job later. I said that the offer sounded great and she told me she would talk to the dentists and other staff in the back and call me to arrange an interview and tour. I thought it would be a 20 minute -1hour wait but she hasn't called me yet and I doubt she's going to call me by the end of today. I feel like this conversation is a bit inconclusive and it's killing me...what step should I take next if she doesn't call in the next three days? Is she rejecting me nicely or could she be busy/occupied?

No comments:

Post a Comment