Saturday, July 16, 2011

If I have been bleeding for over two months straight with a heavy flow should I see a doctor?

I called my doctor to tell her that the birth control she prescribed me was making my period like non stop like a month ago, and she told me that I should keep taking it, because it just takes a while for my body to get used to it. Well now it has been over three months, and I have not stopped having my period and it is an incredibly heavy flow. I am seriously going through 2 big boxes of tampons a week. I have to change my tampon every 45 minutes. I called my doctor to tell her that I am going to stop taking the birth control and I told her all that was going on and that I had been feeling sick and light headed all the time. I get a voicemail from her today saying, "oh well maybe that birth control just doesn't work for you, so I prescribed you to a different birth control so I canceled your appointment, because there is no point for you to come in." Really? Another birth control? Is that really healthy for me right now considering what is happening to me right now? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment