Thursday, July 14, 2011

Figure skating spin entries - help!?

Hi guys! Basically I need some help with my spin entries. I can do a pretty fast and centred scratch, am working on getting my sit spin low and have started learning the camel, but I still have trouble entering the spins. I only realised this recently when someone noticed it after my most recent comp (I am adult Bronze level). Basically I wind up OK but before I step in I brake on my right toe pick at the end of the RBI edge, and (this is difficult to explain so bear with me) I kind of stop, put my left blade down, and then turn into the LFO edge. If I concentrate on the flow of the step in I find it very difficult to centre the spin - I find it hard to control my free leg, it just swings round. But if I concentrate on getting a good spin, I put in the stop during the entry. It looks ugly and is broken up and even though I can go quite fast I'm pretty sure it's limiting my speed. I really want to progress for comps next season but am worried the bad entries will give me low GOE and look terrible! My coach is off on maternity leave at the moment so if anyone has tips on spin entries I'd be so grateful - I don't know anyone else who has this problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment